Monday, January 10, 2011

We have her!

We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~Kristi Larson


She’s ours!! It’s been a really long day! I wish I would have had time earlier to type a post, but it’s been very busy. She didn’t shed a tear at the Civil Affairs office, during the bus ride, or during the paper work meeting. But, since we’ve been back to the hotel, she’s just really uncertain of everything. She’s really scared. We’re praying this doesn’t last long. It’s really sad to see her like this.

I will give more details tomorrow of our day today as I’m sure many of you are very curious as to how things were going here. I wish there had been more time today or that I wasn’t so tired at the moment. I’ll be back, though, I promise! Until then, I’ll leave you with pictures. :)

These are some of the orphanage workers who brought Sophie to us. It was very evident that they cared a great deal about her. :)




5 comments:

  1. YIPPIE! So excited for you all! She is beautiful! Praying that it won't take long for her to understand exactly how much love is in store for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited that y'all have her. I hope it only takes her one night to get used to everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you! You are all in my prayers!!

    in HIS love and mine,
    lynn lott <><

    ReplyDelete
  4. So amazing! She is beautiful! So fun to see her in your arms. Can't wait to hear how things are going! So hope I get to meet her and you in person :)!
    Blessings
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart breaks for little Sophie and for you because we know how hard it is to watch them grieve. Our precious Lily Mei held on to her little name badge much like Sophie is to her plastic. I'm crying just thinking about it. Day 3 into day 4 she started to "come around". My prayers are with you all for strength at this awesome, amazing yet difficult time. Lily would only drink out of a glass for the first 2 days and only a couple sips of water. Hang in there!

    Blessings to you from PA,
    Sarah123 (from RQ)

    ReplyDelete